Monday, October 3, 2011

Currently Craving...Zippered.

I completely adore fall coats and jackets with bold zipper detailing.



Alexander Wang via ShopBop // Joie via ShopBop // Junya Watanabe via Net-A-Porter

To say that I fell in love with the Alexander Wang coat in the first photo would be an understatement. That pop of yellow under the creamy wool exterior of the coat is perfectly subtle. I especially love the yellow under the zipper detailing down the two sides of the coat. Oh, the tailored flawlessness of Alexander Wang pieces... Lately, I have been coming across photos of people wearing amazing coats with noticeably bold horizontal zippers, similar to the coat in the second row. I definitely want one too! The Junya Watanabe black twill jacket may not be ideal for me to wear for all of Montreal's fall weather, but, again, the bold silver zippers makes the jacket less like a typical black jacket, which is why I was convinced that I loved this piece. I am definitely looking for a fall coat similar to these ones, but a bit more budget friendly -- any idea where I should start looking?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful coats!

xx

Cherryrediana

Tereza {Drastic Plastic} said...

WOW! These are too cool.

SymbioticLife said...

Not sure if this option is available to you in your area, Top Shop had some really great unexpected zippered options, and Zara has a nice black coat with leather edging and some cute zipper detail for 89.99 GBP, Asos has a cute bold zippered Sophie Hulme jacket For ASOS Mac at £100.00, as well as a very nice Karen Millen Deconstructed Modern Tailoring Jacket In Mix Fabrics £190.00 but I can't see them doing well for a Canadian winter. Hope that was some what helpful even if you're in Canada. If I stumble across a more winterized jacket with bold zippered detail - I'll let you know! xoxo

Paula said...

Love the first one, truly different and simply gorgeous.

www.superclementina.blogspot.com

xx

Danielle V. said...

Ah! Beautiful zipper details! Thanks for sharing :)

Best,
Danielle
http://loveandlookpretty.blogspot.com

Shaniqua said...

I loooove the first and second jacket they are so amazing!

http://colormechic-fashion.blogspot.com

xoxo
Shaniqua

A Very Sweet Blog said...

Those are awesome! Wouldn't it be great if they incorporated coloured zippers into designs! :D
http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/
SassyUptownChic xoxo Kim

Shopping Spy said...

Totally adore the second jacket and its clean look. Thanks for sharing.

I also suggest that you keep an eye on asos and topshop for similar styles.

although, i would always go for quality and get the real wang.

you're worth it ;-)

kristina x

http://shoppingspy.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I love Alexander Wang coat!!

Kisses by Viki!
http://itsmystylebyviki.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...