Thursday, October 27, 2011

Real or Faux Leather Inspired.

Why yes, I am loving the first look.






Sequins and leather-but-not-actually-leather? Yes, please! Simply-chic outfits featured in Elle Canada's October '11 issue, especially that first look. Something that a glam rockstar might wear, don't you think? My goodness I am a little obsessed with leather lately. I absolutely need that leather vest in my life, as shown in the last image. I can not completely explain why I have a leather obsession lately, but whether it is real leather or faux leather, I am not one to be picky. Quite a few interestingly styled looks from this shoot, but it is definitely all about being inspired by that first look for me. On another note, I am jealous of the model's hair that has that effortlessly tousled look, which probably took more effort from the hairstylist on set than one might actually think. I may actually have to ask my hairstylist on how to master this look the next time I decide to get my hair done, which reminds me that I really need a new haircut, but... Most people fear needles and dentists, yet I don't. For me, a visit to the hairdresser has somewhat of the same flustered and anxious emotions. I am not sure why this is the case, but I am guessing it is from some traumatizing childhood experience that I have managed to erase from my memory. I am definitely grateful that those nervous emotions have somewhat diminished now that I have found a hairstylist who is so delightful, and helps me put all those worries aside. Oops, I somehow managed to ramble about nonsense, again.

Photo Credit: Leda & St. Jacques
Model: Alana Zimmer
Images Courtesy of Elle Canada.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bought a faux leather jacket at Target (no joke) for about $40 nearly 4 years ago and the thing is still kicking...even tricked my Textiles teacher who thought it was real!

Guess you luck out sometimes! :)

Kate

www.thrillfothechaise.com

Tereza {Drastic Plastic} said...

That last look is amazing, hot.

Unknown said...

nice pics

http://lateybirdy.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, and the leather vest is amazing. Obsessed with leather right now too!

Balancing Lisa said...

These photos are amazing! and that knit dress is out of control!!! Swoon!!!

http://www.stilettosanddiaperbags.blogspot.com/

SymbioticLife said...

Apparently I enjoy reading rambling nonsense then. ;) I think I can relate to the anxiety of a hair salon visit. I love going when I know that the person I'm going to see, is skilled and we're on the same page. However, when I've moved and I'm shopping for a new hair dresser, it's a really nerve wracking experience (which I'm going through right now). I would love to find the perfect faux leather and fur pieces for this winter. I've fallen in love with some of the lush 70s looks you can create with them. xoxo

Unknown said...

The Knit dress waooo!!

Besos,

Olguita
www.BuscandoFashion.com

Unknown said...

Yes; I love this post. It's so Glossy. I especially love the 3rd Photo with the Sequins Dress and Leather Gloves. Great for New Years Celebration.

-Aisha
Anguillian Paperdoll

O said...

Beautiful pieces. Loved the gold sequined dress.

http://a-norwegian-blog.blogspot.com/

Fashion With Ellie said...

love these pieces

fashionwithellie.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

got to love leather!

x

http://scarlet--red.blogspot.com/

Cynthia said...

Oh I like the first pic! And that knit sweater is to die for!

Annie Chang said...

fabulous elements & textures!

Bises,
monkeyshines
http://monkeyshines-monkeyshines.blogspot.com/

Le Sapphire Blue said...

I am a fashion photographer and love everything black and white.

I am doing a photo contest on my New York Street Style blog and will feature a blog/photo.

Submit your photo if you would like to participate.

http://www.lesapphireblue.com/2011/10/photo-contest-get-feature.html

AlixRose said...

I love wearing leather coats in the winter. Pair it with a scarf, slim jeans and knee high boots = a chic look.
That first look kills me.
Thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...