Thursday, November 3, 2011

Holiday Cravings Pour Moi.

I think these back-to-back craving posts is my conscious (or unconscious?) telling me that I am definitely in the mindset for the holiday season. On another note, you will either love me, or hate me, for these large image sizes (which is one reason why I love SSENSE so much!). I choose pieces partially based on detailing, and only large images can give me the satisfaction that I have fully over-analyzed an item to my liking.


I can not help but always be drawn towards black leather handbags. Regardless of all the hype and popularity of the Proenza Schouler Ps1 leather satchel, the classic black colored leather plus the practicality of this bag for every day use is easily persuading me that a new bag is needed, STAT.

The only problem is that I have the exact same feelings towards the Proenza Schouler Ps1 leather shopping tote,...

...as well as the 3.1 Phillip Lim oversized pashi satchel. If you were me and stuck with this dilemma, which one would you choose?
On another note, that Proenza Schouler spiral t-shirt with the asymmetrical hem and striking yellow-orange color is definitely a not-so-basic long sleeve tee, perfectly non-basic, no?
Of course an Alexander Wang piece needed to be included in my wish list. A cozy knit sweater with an unexpected zippered detailing, how could I possibly resist? I am without a doubt sold that I need it.
I tend to stay away from white or light colored jackets during the winter months, but after coming across this Dsquared2 jacket, I am heavily reconsidering this separation I have had with wearing white.
Oh, those Acne pistol boots, how many seasons have they been around? Yes, I still want a pair, please. 

You know those stores where you can't resist obsessing over every piece in one way, or another? SSENSE has had that effect on me since day one of coming across this online shopper's paradise. There is an absolute refined selection of pieces always carried at SSENSE from basically all of my favorite ready-to-wear designers. These pieces that I have picked out are completely and overly basic, which reassures me that I will be able to wear, or carry, these looks from season-to-season seamlessly without any hesitation, as well as no regrets about the splurge. I am pleasantly surprised by how three Proenza Schouler pieces managed to make the cut in being featured in this post.  I hope after reading about my rambling about these pieces is enough justification as to why I need to treat myself to that one splurge this Christmas season. Of course, being gifted one of these would also make me just as happy and appreciative!

19 comments:

Rachel, Cold Knees said...

Argh too many nice things! The Pistol boots are amaaazing. And love the 3.1 Phillip Lim satchel... x

Sienna Ana Belic said...

sooo amazing!!
xoxo Sienna
http://fashion-sienna.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Absolutely love the bags!

Unknown said...

looooove the bags!

x

http://scarlet--red.blogspot.com/

A Very Sweet Blog said...

I'm loving that 3rd bag! It is so sharp! WOOT!
http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

i would kill fro a proenza schouler!!

BeLighter said...

Gorgeous bags! and the Alexander Wang sweater! and those Acne boots...
Hope you get lucky, on your wishing list! ;)

CINCHED AT THE WAIST said...

great choice! i'm obsessed with the PS1 satchel!!

great blog,
Annina
www.cinchedatthewaist.com

Anonymous said...

WOW to the yellow top !!
:0)
P

SymbioticLife said...

I would go with the Philip Lim bag. And I know what you mean about the white situation. And yet, I found myself shopping for a new winter coat today and I kept gravitating towards the creams and whites. It was a weird feeling but they were soooo calling my name.

MyHauteCloset said...

I always say I'm going to purchase a PS1 but then get to Rodeo and make a beeline for Chanel. I find myself feeling this way about Balenciagas and Givenchy bags also, I want to diversify to have a well-rounded collection but then I succumb to my diehard favorites. *Sigh*

Milysan

http://www.myhautecloset.com

O said...

Great choices! Loved everything but the white leather jacket, sorry. I´d go for the PS tote. And the Acne pistol boots are still hot!

http://a-norwegian-blog.blogspot.com/

Emmylou said...

That Philip Lim bag is TDF.

Unknown said...

I love that Phillip Lim black bag and the white leather jacket. Drool!

Shannon
http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Love this post! I am a big Proenza fan!

-Rhe
rhestyle.com

Sidney Salim said...

Wow! I've been eye-ing the PS1 for quite a while now. I'm getting it soon :D
I love your posts very much!

I'm following you, dear. I would be flattered if you could check out mine too :)

poseposhpost.blogspot.com
Pose Posh Post

Maria V @SoNailicious said...

Love the black PS bags! Great sense of style, darling.

Cheers from http://crashingred.com

Marilia and Cristina Maz said...

in love with the boot!!!!!!!!!
bisous marilia

Geraldine Looker said...

My choice Philip Lim bag! and definitely the Alexander Wang sweater. I need a new bag too, quite like the satchel styles, but am still loving Michael Kors Hamilton bags, such good value. Have dug out my YSL black large handbag for now.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...