Monday, August 15, 2011

Hungry yet?

Not a traditional weekend brunch.






Earlier this past week, I walked past my go-to weekend brunch eatery, L'Avenue, to find it closed for renovations. In my mind I was thinking, "Oh, the horror! How the hell am I going to get my L'Avenue brunch fix?!". Yet, it gave me a perfectly sensible excuse to venture out and try other brunch places in Montreal. I know, I have been missing out on other great places to eat ever since discovering L'Avenue food that has practically brainwashed me (of course, in a good way). I am slightly digressing... After a little bit of online searching, I finally decided upon La Cantine. Not going to lie, this restaurant brought brunch to an entirely other level. There is absolutely nothing traditional about the menu, which was completely refreshing, and made my brunch choice that much more difficult since I wanted to try everything! Take a look at their menu and you will see exactly what I mean. Unsurprisingly, that cappuccino in the ridiculously large soup bowl was completely slurped-up by moi (there goes my caffeine detox I managed to maintain the past 3 months...), and I enjoyed every sip of it like a true caffeine addict should. On another note, pistacchio toast -- have you ever tried it? I am now obsessed.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! I'm hungry now XD
http://itsjeyjey.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Although I don't really eat it, I love how pretty grapefruit can be!!!

Helen said...

Mmmmm looks delicious! Traditional it may not be, but lovely it sure is :D

Laura said...

yep. defo hungry now! xx

Paulina Mo, lilbitsofchic.com said...

Wow! That looks delicious!

~Pau
www.lilbitsofchic.com

blondehaus said...

Looks delicious! Also, now seeking a recipe for pistacio toast. Sounds yummy!

Bow Tied Beauty said...

Wow that just looks amazing!


http://bowtiedbeauty.blogspot.com/

xx

Jackie @ EatLove&Style said...

I definitely am and it all looks delicious.

Jackie

Anonymous said...

Why do you have always such amazing breakfast and brunches? LOL

This look so tasty!

http://fashmark.wordpress.com/

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...